The Wheel Of Fortune Tarot Card can be unsettling to draw sometimes as it suggests change in the air, and nobody is overly fond of change even when the changes lead to something better. We are habitual by nature and tend to cling to what is familiar to us. Yet life is continually changing, even when we don’t think it is. The weather changes day to day, the earth moves in position to the sun every second of the day and the moon waxes and wanes each month. Everything is continually moving. Therefore the Wheel Of Fortune Tarot Card is aligned to nature, and when we draw this card it can indicate a change of fortune for us-and that could either be favourable or unfavourable depending on our outlook. It can also represent a turning point in our life where a situation or relationship is coming to a head and the time is ripe for making some decisions about where we are going.
But nothing is set in stone and it is a great time to remind ourselves that we have free will, and just because we have turned up a certain Tarot card, we don’t have to feel we are doomed or even blessed. The Tarot cards are a guide to shed some more light on a situation we want more clarity about. Naturally if this card indicates that something favourable is coming our way we breath a sigh of relief. But even this is giving away our power a little if we think that all we need to do is sit back and let things take care of themselves.
So, how do we embrace the energy of this card in a practical way? More than likely you have some situations that you want some clarity on in terms of which direction to take. Here is a step by step guide to use this card to your advantage.
- Look at your situation in terms of all the different paths you could take at this time. Write them down. For example, if you have recently been offered more than one job and you are not sure which one to accept, write down some notes about each job such as the pros and the cons.
- Sit in a quiet place and calm your mind. Steady your breathing and bring your awareness to the place behind your eyes. Just sense the area. Once you feel you have centred your energy here, bring your awareness further back into the centre of your head. You will know when you have found the right area within your head as you will feel a quiet still energy overcome you. Time feels like it stands still here and you will feel your body relax.
- Ground your energy by imagining either a cord, roots of a tree or cascading waterfall going deep down into the centre of the earth from the base of your spine. This will help anchor your mind.
- Think about the first job you took some notes on. Imagine yourself in this role. Where would you be going each day, what kinds of roles would you be in? See yourself in a typical day in this job. Are you happy here? Do you have some good work relationships with people? It doesn’t matter if you are unsure at this stage about the details. Just project yourself forward into the future and play ‘make believe’ in your mind that you are right there in that role. Notice how you feel. Is there a sense of joy within, or is a sense of stress and overwhelm overcoming you?
- After you have spent some time in the first imaginary job, move onto the next one you are considering. See yourself right there in the routine of the job. Pay attention to your feelings.
- Now, which one gave you more of a sense of peace or joy? Which one felt more grounding to you and gave you a sense of ease? Remember, it doesn’t matter about the details of each job at the moment given that you don’t have enough practical information. What is important is the feelings that came up for you while you were imagining yourself in each role. Your feelings are your guide and the gateway to your intuition. The one that gave you more of a sense of relief or peace or calm is the answer to which one you should take.
You can do this exercise with any direction you are trying to choose between, even if it more than two directions. Maybe you are thinking about moving house and looking at several new houses to choose from, but feeling stuck as to which one would be best given that there are pros and cons for each one. Or, maybe you are wondering which course to choose for your education at University or school, but nothing is popping out in terms of the short list of courses you are looking at. The exercise works best when each choice seems a little too similar to the other, and you are trying to move forward with clarity.
Want more exercises like this to help with your life decisions?
Making decisions becomes easier when we check into our inate energy systems. To build upon our skills in this area, it can be very useful to learn from someone who is a few steps ahead of us in using our intuitive abilities.
Want to learn four powerful yet simple energy techniques to tap into your spiritual body so you can easily fine tune your physical world for more health, wealth, love, inner peace and clarity?
Join a free online masterclass by energy healer Jeffrey Alan, click here.