The 9 of Cups in Tarot depicts a man sitting on a wooden chair with his arms crossed, feet firmly planted on the ground. 9 golden cups stand behind him on a bench that has a blue cloth draped over it. The man looks rather self satisfied, and looks as if he feels he does not need to take any further action to feel fulfilled and happy, or be open to taking any advice. He is pleased with his progress.
What the 9 represents in Tarot.
The Tarot is aligned with numerology in terms of what numbers represent in our day to day lives regarding our personal vibration. The number 9 can relate to things coming to fruition, attainment and near completion. Although it is for the most part associated with the positive aspects of attainment, it also suggests there is one further step to take to reach complete attainment which would be the number 10, which all Tarot suits end in before they go on to the court cards of the Page, Knight, Queen and King.
When the 9 of Cups shows up in your reading it can indicate that you have come a long way with a particular situation, whether that be the achievement of a personal goal, a relationship that has blossomed, or a work project that feels like it is nearly finished.
For the most part, it relates to inner feelings of completion as the Cups relate to the emotions and internal life. In many Tarot traditions, the 9 of Cups is known as the wish card, and simply implies that you are going to get what you wish for-it is only one step away.
Attainment without complete happiness.
Other ways to interpret this card is recognizing when you have actually achieved what you want. Sometimes we are so future focused that we have missed the blessings that surround us altogether! The missing cup to make up the 10 is an indication you might have missed the fact that the thing you have wished for in the past has now come true. This is where the practice of daily gratitude is so important.
As with any Tarot reading, the position of the card within the spread will determine the ultimate meaning of the card.
Questions to ask yourself.
- What is one extra thing I can do that would complete this goal which would bring even greater happiness?
- What is the icing on the cake?
- Is it possible I am not focusing on what I already have?
- Is it possible I already have everything I have always wanted regarding a certain situation but not noticing?
Example situations where this card applies.
- You have been wanting to build your own house for a long time, and you have worked hard to get it built. Yet, once it is built, and you have moved in, there is an element within you that is still not happy. What are you missing?
- You have finally found your soul mate. You know this person is the right person for you, so why are you not completely fulfilled? What are you missing?
- You have finally landed your dream job, but you still feel something is missing. What do you need to focus on to integrate feelings of happiness around your dream job more?
- You have been wanting to have children for ages. You have been trying to get pregnant for many years, and finally you are and then go on to give birth. You thought having a child would be the answer to your unhappiness. Although you are mostly happy, there is still something you feel a little empty about. What are you missing?
For the most part in these examples, I feel gratitude is the missing element, and living in the present moment. As the saying goes ‘There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way’.
Happiness is a habit.
One thing I recently learned through T Harv Eker in his course The Spiritual Laws Of Money is if our default position in life is ‘I will be happy when I ……(get a new job, get my business off the ground, have a child, have more money etc) we actually won’t even be happy when we finally attain those goals, because our mind is so conditioned to being unhappy. Food for thought!
Where have you found yourself in a 9 of Cups situation? Feel free to comment below and let me know!
Awaken The Species$0.00 Free
Unlimited Abundance$0.00 Free
The Spiritual Laws Of Money$0.00 Free
Energy Medicine With Donna Eden$0.00 Free
Be A Modern Master$0.00 Free
Rapid Transformational hypnotherapy$0.00 Free
Kasina DeepVision Bundle$399.00 View Product
Mindplace Procyon AVS System Light and Sound Meditation Mind Machine$249.00 View Product
Feather and Turquoise Yin Yang Pendant, Sterling Silver$42.00 View Product
Chakra Jewelry Majestic Gemstone Chakra Necklace$48.00 View Product
Sterling Silver Geometric Chakra Pendant$52.00 View Product
Seven Chakras Charm Bracelet – Sterling Silver$188.00 View Product
Chakra Jewellery: Sterling Silver Buddha Pendant$58.00 View Product
7 Gemstones Sterling Silver Chakra Pendant by Buddha Groove$56.00 View Product